Portland Federal Criminal Lawyer
One of the primary differences between state and federal crimes is the severity of the potential penalties, including mandatory minimum sentences, attached to federal criminal convictions. To avoid these penalties, it’s important to work with a lawyer who has experience building effective defenses against federal criminal charges.
Federal Penalties And Defending Against Mandatory Minimum Sentences
I have successfully defended against federal criminal charges. I understand the different procedures and rules that apply to federal cases and tailor my methods to each case.
Regardless of the circumstances, I will help you or your loved one explore all possible opportunities for avoiding a federal conviction in any of the following types of cases:
- Federal drug charges — possession with intent to sell, distribute or manufacture
- Weapon charges — felon in possession of a firearm, weapon possession as it applies with another offense
- Sex offense charges — child pornography possession, distribution and the production of child pornography
- Fraud and white collar crime — bank and mortgage fraud, investment fraud, money laundering, wire or mail fraud
- Environmental or wildlife offenses — illegally harvesting wildlife or resources, contamination cases or air and water quality violations
If you or a loved one is being investigated or has already been charged with a federal crime, it is imperative that you secure representation from an attorney who can protect your rights and build a strong defense in federal court.
Contact Me, Attorney James F. Halley, When You Face Criminal Charges
When you work with me, you won’t have to worry about being shuffled among various paralegals or junior attorneys. I am your lawyer, and will stand by you throughout the duration of your case.